Thursday, September 18, 2008

Yucky kisses

A few weeks ago when I was putting Jacob to bed, I gave him a kiss on his cheek. He said, "Yucky! Gross!" and wiped it off. I don't know why he thinks it's gross. I mean Mom gives him kisses all the time. Maybe he just knows that it is a "guy" thing. He is only three years old, but somehow he knows.

Today we decided to meet mom at her works for dinner. On the way back to the car, I would give Jacob a big kiss on his cheek. He would get mad and say "Doooooon't", and then wipe it off with his hand, and then smile and say "I wiped it off!" And I would get all sad and try to give him another kiss. He would try to push my head away. So, I tried something new. I said, "Hey, Jacob, what's that over there?" and pointed away. He would look, and I would kiss him on his cheek, and say "Tricked ya!" He would smile and wipe it off, and say, "I wiped it off!" We repeated this several times. I think if it seems like a game, he will allow me to do it.

7 comments:

Davola said...

Well, I don't kiss anyone. I think it is yucky too. Dad's explanation for kissing ruined it for me many years ago. -- "Swappin Spit."

You know... I've never seen Dad french Mom. Wow, I just felt creepy for saying that.

Trillium said...

eeewwwwww! me too! LOLvmwnu

Zaphod said...

French? French toast? French dressing? French fries? French vanilla? Oh...... Well..... I am more of a Minnesota kind of kisser; you have to be quick or your lips freeze together.

txtonqgx: the sound of frozen lips coming apart

Trillium said...

Chris, it might be your whiskers prickling him. His mommy isn't prickly so she's OK. :)

Rebecca's Oasis said...

my children are extremely affectionate and love hugs and kisses.

Dad ruined it for me too... after I explained that the boy I liked kissed me (I was 16) and it grossed me out because he tried to stick his tongue in my mouth.

yuck!!!!!! something about eating a peanut butter sandwich with all of the peanut butter licked off... :)

slueawmw: the sound of licking peanut butter off a sandwich.

Zaphod said...

Just for the record: John Perroti was the "spit swapping" guy. It made me gag every time I heard it. Butter, not peanut butter and I only used that image a couple of times. It never was one of my favorite sayings. My personal favorite was the temple recommend story.

Anonymous said...

*shudder* Kissing is G R O S S. Unless it's Jeremy..eheheh! Jeremy is very snuggly, and he and his family kiss, and so it has trickled (and just saying that made me think of spit...) into our family. Joshua for a while thought he needed to kiss like mommy and daddy, and that was just WEIRD, but now, when Jeremy tells Joshua to "give mommmy a kiss!" joshua will run up and kiss whatever is closed to his mouth, ie. my leg, or my foot, or even my bottom sometimes...weirdo.