Saturday, September 6, 2008

I'm a stick... i think

Hey, Dara called me a stick! What is up with that? Here is the yahoo messenger transcript:

Chris Hyde: what's happenin
Dara: not much. WHatchya doin?
Dara: I like your blogs they make me laugh!
Chris Hyde: cool.
Dara: you are too stoick
Chris Hyde: hey, i have a facebook account too
Dara: Dara: Me too.
Chris Hyde: stoick?
Dara: StoyckDara: however yous pell it
Dara: stoeck
Chris Hyde: hmm.. i dont know that word, and i cant find it in the dictionary
Chris Hyde: what does it mean
Chris Hyde: is that a made up word
Dara: no, it's not made up. It means you don't speak much, and what you do say is very serious.
Dara: Stoick
Chris Hyde: not found on http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stoick
Chris Hyde:

No results found for stoick:
Did you mean stick (in dictionary) or Stick (in reference)?

Dara: I am looking..I spelled it wrong.
Dara: LOL
Chris Hyde: are you saying that i am a stick
Dara: No, not stick
Chris Hyde: hey, quit calling me a stick
Dara: stoic
Dara: LOL
Dara: I spelled it wrong. There you go: stoic
Chris Hyde: k
Chris Hyde: i see a def now
Dara:
Webster's New Millennium™ Dictionary of English - Cite This Source -
Share This Main Entry:
stoic Part of Speech: adj Definition: unaffected, indifferent; restrained
Chris Hyde: yes, YES, that is ME
Chris Hyde: i think
Dara: heheeh. Well, I am off to play outside with my family. See ya
Chris Hyde: bye

4 comments:

Zaphod said...

Actually, I think you are a stick.

Katscratchme said...

I don't know if I would use stoic to describe you.. how about completely befuddlingly frustrating to read. (I don't get your humor in person) I get it in writing, however! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have been slandered! I protest! Heheheh! I think you are both, Chris: A stoic stick.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

Chris is not stoic; Jennifer says "He is Stoogic"

Means: of or like one the three stooges. nyak nyak nyak

I don't think he is stoic; stoogic or stickish... He is Charlie Brown grown up. So we will call him Chuck-ish.

So now where is my football?