Every day for the past several weeks, I have been bringing to work Stouffer's TV dinners. They take a bit longer to cook than other TV dinners, but they are also far better tasting. On some of the larger ones, you are looking at almost 16 minutes. Luckily, I don't really have a lunch time limit, per se, since I am on salary. So, the amount of time it takes to cook and eat said lunch really has no bearing on anything.
IN any case, today I was getting ready to cook one that I hadn't cooked before. Shrimp Scampi. Mmmmhhmmm. I love seafood. It is one of my favorites, second to steak. I also noticed that the box had something new printed at the top right. It said "LARGE SATISFYING SIZE". I started thinking to myself, "So, what you are really saying, Stouffer's, is that your other TV dinners are a small satisfying size?" LOL.
I then turned it over and started looking at the Nutrition Facts. 85 mg for Cholesterol, or 28% of your daily allowed dose. What does that mean, exactly? Does that mean that I can have 72% more tasty Cholesterol treats?
When I came home, I looked in the cupboard, and found some Swiss Rolls. Another favorite of mine. I ate both rolls, and then looked on the back of the box. 15 mg Cholesterol, or 5%. But, it then said that there were 2 servings per package. So, I really had 30 mg, or 10% of my daily dose of Cholesterol, totalling 38%, which is still less than 100%.
So, I had less than 1/2 of my daily dose of cholesterol. Yet, I have high cholesterol. How could that be? Is it possible that my body metabolizes Cholesterol differently?
6 comments:
Yeeeeeesssss!!! You have Cholesmegatosis. You need to stop going to the golden arches. Those McColonics are not exactly good for you. I hate the McShivers, McGurgles, and McSweats.
wjqoamf: Would Jesus question others about McDonald's fries?
Here's what "They" always forget to tell you about cholesterol: YOUR BODY MANUFACTURES CHOLESTEROL! So even if you limit how much you eat, you are still making it. And it might be that your real problem is your body not your diet.
LOL! That was the best, Dave! You should put that on a t-shirt. LOL!
"pfqon" the sound your body make when you eat McDonald's food.
I used to ask myself that very same question for years, as I have had high cholesterol going on 6years now despite eating relatively healthy. Then you have Mr. McColonics expert up there, who always ate up enough Brauts, fries, and burgers to make any test come in way off the charts and yet didn't. Anyhow, after lots of reading I learned that genetics plays just as strong a role as diet, sometimes even more.
According to herbal remedy books: if you eat grilled onions with any high cholesteral meal, it helps counteract it's bad effect. Carmelized garlic (cooked from fresh cloves rather than the jars of minced garlic you get at the stores) and fish oil are supposed to be good for it too, in addition to eating lots of fiber.
(After having issues with the medication LOVESTATON, I have been moderately successful just by implimenting these few additives to my diet.)
Good luck!
Lovestaton? Is that a love lotion or a love potion? LOL
I hate all of this paranoia about eating food. Too much iron, too much cholesterol, too much salt, too much sugar, too much of the guy with the black robe and the sickle. We need to get back to the basics: gruel. No taste, no salt, no sugar, no cholesterol, no iron, no thanks.
ilxkwhxl: The sound blood makes trying to get around the big globs of cholestrol in your arteries.
Post a Comment