Is coloring and scribbling the same? I used to think so. Coloring is when you take care not to cross the lines of the drawing, where scribbling is haphazard. Whenever Caleb is coloring, I will often say "Good job scribbling, Caleb." and Caleb will say "Dad, I'm not scribbling, I'm coloring." Most of the time I say it because I like to see the look on Caleb's face. Caleb is starting to catch on to my teasing humor, though, and even if he is coloring in the lines, he will say, "Yes, Dad, I'm scribbling!"
I do the same thing in my primary class. The kids look at me all sad and say "No, I am coloring" while nodding their heads. I then say, depending on my mood, "Good job coloring" or "Good job scribbling." What can I say, I like to tease. Sometimes, the kids will say if they really are scribbling.
Speaking of which, coloring time is the best part of my primary class. What I have started doing recently is I have each primary kid tell the class about their picture. Usually I give them a theme, to draw a picture of their family doing something fun, or to draw a picture of what tithing pays for. There is this student in my class by the name of James, and without fail, no matter the theme, he always draws a picture of Darth Vader or a Jedi, and tells us how good they are with a lightsaber. I then add, "And that's how Darth Vader pays his tithing, huh?" and James says "Yeah." I gotta say, that James kid really likes Star Wars.
5 comments:
I color. I have a blue ribbon to prove it from 5th grade.
Scribbling is for angry people.
I love coloring...It's one of my favorite things. Color color...Joshua likes to go through pictures I have already colored and scribble on them. Silly boy...
Scribbling says, "I want to get done quick." (Whiz-bang mentality.) It also says, "This is not very important, so why should I put any effort into it?" So, scribblers should be given the respect they deserve: they will be those who prioritize and not wig-out about unimportant details. :D
Audrey scribbles... veeeery lightly. She's still getting the hang of the crayons. We got her the triangle shaped ones. They're supposed to help her learn her writing grib easier. Plus, they look cool. :)
I'm a niggler; I throw paint.
"fmaboopu": the sound that the paint makes when it hits the canvas
Post a Comment