Monday, September 1, 2008

The Great Gathering


I haven't read a book in awhile, and Tammy had just finished reading this book, and prompted me to read it. She told me that it was a fictional book about the last days. Not to say that the last days are fictional, but what the author thinks the last days will be like. Tammy had read the book in a couple of days and wanted to talk to me about some of the things that she had read.

So, today being the great and glorious holiday of Labor Day, I didn't have to go to work. Although, I did have to work a little bit... You know, like chores and fun stuff like that. So, after I had helped a little with the Fall cleaning, I decided to start reading the book. It has been a long time since I had read a book, so I was a little skeptical about getting "into" the book. It didn't seem like my kind of book. But, I would have to say that after 40 or so pages, I was "into" the book, and couldn't put it down. I read the entire book in one day! I don't think I have ever done that in my entire life! Not that I can remember anyway. But, it really was a good read. It makes you think what you would do in the last days. I started thinking which character I was if it were me. If anything, it was a good mock drill of what the last days might be like, and gives you a birds-eye view of the Saints who followed the Prophet's counsel, and those who didn't, and what happened to each.

SO, I would encourage that you read this book. It will help you find out if you are a Nephi or a Laman. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cooll...I will have to go down to the library...Heheh!