Friday, August 20, 2010

Speed Training

So, I mosied on down to the Bingham High School track today to do some speed training. At first I thought the gate would be locked and no one would be there; or, the High School football team would be practing. Much to my chagrin, there were people there, but no not High School folks. It seemed that everyone and their dog were there. There were a few High School students, but the majority were wannabe Boot Camp groups, their instructors making them do the silliest things. I am glad that I was only there to do a 1.0 mile PR, Sprint 400, and Fartlek 400. So, without further ado, here are my stats:

1.0 PR run - 9:36 (best pace 8:06)
Spint 400 - 1:37 (WOW!!!)
Fartlek 400 - 2:14

While this definitely was informative, it definitely was not fun. Now I see why the running groups and forums say to not do this every day. In a way, I felt miserable, but talking to Marathon Missy, she said that is normal and the way you are supposed to feel.

Run on.

3 comments:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

pretty cool!

So how do you know how fast you are going? Is it that nifty little watch you bought?

Anonymous said...

Wow...Missy also told me once that to succeed at marathons, you need to tell yourself that you like pain. Sounds pretty awful to me!

Chris said...

Yes, it is the watch I got. No pain, No gain; but, there is also no gain in strain. A good balance.