
Yesterday, I did some reading on how to prevent injuries, and one of the things that I found was that many injuries occur because of weak muscles. I further found that resistance exercises are a good way to strengthen weak muscles, and even stretch muscles. I wandered down to my local Walmart after work, and picked up the 'Gold's Gym Long Series Resistance Tube Kit with DVD' for $14.77. I went home and read through the materials, and watched some of the DVD with the kids to see if it was something that I would want to do. The kids really liked it when I fast-forwarded the DVD and the instructor was moving really fast. They would say, "Look, she is doing the chicken dance!" Anyway, I decided that this would definitely be something that I would want to do, and I did so this morning. I did the DVD routine in its entirety. Oh, what a difference I feel in my body. So, my plan is to still run M/W/F, and on T/R/F to do the stretch routine. I think that this will be a good way to stay injury free. Also, I think that this will help with my flexibility. I was pretty excited about how I felt at work. I felt like my body was starting to get back to normal. Tomorrow morning is my next run, and I hope to hit the 2 mile mark, and make it into the 2 mile club. This is just something I made up, but it sure makes me want to strive for it. I'll let you know how it goes...
2 comments:
Ooo, maybe I should check that out. I am always looking for something new!
Strength training is very important--too many people don't realize just how important. :)
Post a Comment