Friday, August 6, 2010

And the results are in...

I have been wondering my pace of running for quite some time, and since I don't have a Garmin Forerunner yet (hint hint, for anyone that wants to buy me one), I decided to time myself this morning. I timed my one mile at 10:45. Of course, I might have been running just a tad bit faster than normal, but I couldn’t tell for sure.

I once again did 1.25 miles non-stop. Sadly I did not make it to the 2 mile non-stop club, but maybe next week I will. On the return trip, I had to stop several times, so I didn’t hit 1.00 mile non-stop on the way back, but I made up for it by taking an alternate route home, and ran a bit farther than I had planned. I hit that runner’s high with this decision because I made a spontaneous last minute change. It was one of those body and mind being in total harmony moments. LOL.

I also was pleased with my weigh-in when I found that I lost a couple more pounds. I was getting a little discouraged because my weigh-in for the last couple of weeks was consistently 197, but then Wednesday I was 195, and today I was 193. Not too bad considering when I started I was between 205 – 210.

So, things seem to be going quite nicely. I still want to get the Garmin Forerunner 310 XT. That sweet baby has GPS, and will tell you your pace, distance, and heart rate. NICE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good for you!

It's always nice to see progress. The trick is sticking with it when you don't see any.

Trillium said...

Good going!!!