Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bullies in the Headlights


I recently finished reading "Bullies in the Headlights", a sequel to "Chickens in the Headlights". This book was just as good, if not better than the first book. I really enjoyed the array of characters - both the original and new. I also like how both of these stories have a "moral to the story". In both books, there are subtle references to the gospel, mainly quirks that only someone who was raised in the church would pick up on. I would highly recommend reading this book after finishing the first. The sequel basically picks up where the prequel left off.
Let me know if any of you have started reading either one of these books and let me know what you think.
After finishing "Bullies in the Headlights", I started reading "Bag of Bones" by Stephen King, and am about half way through it. I got this book for free because I was on the reading club at the local library, and at the end of 3 months, you get to pick a free book. Our whole family does this, so we all got to pick a free book to take home. And, these are new books, no hammydowns. We did it last year too, and the free book that I picked was "Red Rabbit" by Tom Clancy, but I didn't get very far into the book. I will have to finish it after "Bag of Bones".
It is interesting with books. I have recently come into my "element" with books and have found that I really enjoy books more now than in the past. I think partly because I was so enwrapped in games that I didn't have time to read books. It was either one or the other. Now that I have pretty much stopped playing games, I have been doing more useful things, like blogging, reading, exercising, being a good dad (I hope), etc.
Anyway, let me know what books you are reading. Maybe we can swap titles.

3 comments:

Katscratchme said...

I am currently reading One Good Knight. Dara recommended it and it's actually pretty good.. a bit predictable for someone who has read a LOT of fantasy, but otherwise a fun read!
After I'm done with that, I'm going to read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer. Ben got it for me since he knows I like the Twilight books. :) After that, who knows... I have a stack of waiting books. :P

Anonymous said...

I wonder if my library does that... I will have to find out!

I am currently reading "Little Dorrit" by Charles Dickens (very sad, indeed), and I have started reading a whole bunch of others ("Larkrise to Candleford" and Sherlock Holmes).

It's funny you should say that about games, because a while ago I was thinking to myself, "What did I used to do with my time before I started playing these games?" and I can never remember. :P Kinda sad...I am currently trying to get my life organized. It's amazing how much you can get done when you aren't wasting your time!

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i usually have 4 or 5 books that I am reading at a time... :)

I am currently reading:

The Count of Monte Cristo
The Golden Compass (kinda boring)
A Peter Pan book that Dara got me... (can't remember the title)
A couple Eastern Philosphy Books
The Book of Mormon
And a couple self help books