Saturday, August 7, 2010

1.5 Mile Club

So, I got my Garmin Forerunner 310XT, and tried it out this evening. It was very informative because I found that I was actually running faster at the beginning of the run than I thought. I was good to see my pace, distance, and time throughout. It also helped me know for sure when I hit the desired goal of 1.50 miles, which is .25 farther than my previous best of 1.25 miles. I ended up running all the way to 10600 South, and then back home. When I made it home, I connected my device to the Garmin website, and was blown away at all the statistic that were available at the click of a mouse.

At the top of my blog is the run I did this evening. and if you click "details" it will show you a lof of good information. The best part is that it was sooooo easy to set this all up. This is definitely worth the cost of the watch and the heart rate monitor. I will be able to push myself more than before. Now I just need to find other routes. I mean, this route actually is pretty good with the elevation changes, and also the wideness of the bicycle lanes, but I am starting to get bored with the same scenery. I thought about weaving in and out of the subdivision. That might even be cooler to see on the mapping. Maybe I will do that next week.

4 comments:

Trillium said...

How expensive was it???

Chris said...

$400 including the heart rate monitor, but 10% off, since I joined their club. Missy has one too. I'm not sure where or how much she paid for hers.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

that's pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that thing has a ton of info! That is awesome! I am glad you are doing so well. Looks like we have another upcoming triathlete in the family!