One of my kitchen sinks, the one that does not have a garbage disposal got clogged a few days ago, and I had a choice: do I, (a) take the easy way out and pour draino down the drain, wait 15 minutes and flush hot water down it, or (b) take the hard way and do it the old fashioned way and clean out the trap. I don't know why but I decided (b) would probably be the best. I think one of the reasons why I chose (b) is because I thought that food clogging a drain is different than hair/soap scum clogging a drain. It actually turned out to be the best, because a straw was pushed down the drain and I don't think draino would have taken care of that. At first, I wasn't sure what it was, because if any of you have ever cleaned out a drain, most things have decayed to a point that it is unrecognizeable.
In any case, I found that the drain needed some help. After I took out the straw, the sink still had water, and it wasn't draining. So, I started looking around the house for something to help me get the job done and the goo out. I found a toothbrush nearby and started the deed. All of the sudden, there was a woosh, and all the food and water came out with a plop or a ploop, along with the aroma like no other! I actually had to go recover in the other room. The stench of the drain almost made me lose it.
After I was done, I told Caleb and Jacob to come and look. I said, "Jacob, come and look what I did with your toothbrush!!" He came over and gave me a sad look but then realized that it was my toothbrush. Then Jacob asked the million dollar question, "Dad, how come you have to do yucky jobs like that?" I laughed and told him, "Jacob, someday you will have to do the same yucky jobs!!"
2 comments:
That was funny! I almost lose it when I clean the hair out of the bathroom sink... :)
I remove myself from the area when Victor is doing the other yucky jobs!
So, did you go buy yourself a new toothbrush?
Ha ha ha! That's great!
You know, I bet the draino would have eaten the straw right up. That stuff is vicious.
Post a Comment