Here is the error message I received on my first attempt:

Then, while digging a little bit more on the CD, I tried a different attempt because sometimes you can still get it to work. Here is my second attempt:

But, that didn't stop me. I kept searching, because there had to be a way. Finally, yesterday afternoon... eureka, I found a way to install and play it on my 64-bit machine.
I was quite pleased with myself because after finding a way to do it, I promptly started playing my favorite race, the Romans. Even though the graphics and sound were super cheasy, this was the game I spend countless hours playing as a kid! One of the thing that I liked the most back then, and once more today was the crop window.
I haven't installed Railroad Tycoon yet. I'm sure that one will be as much fun as I remember it.
Do you have any nostalgia the as me? Oldies but goodies? Do you have what it takes to finding the secret to reliving your old memories?
Let's see if anyone can figure out how I did it! There is a prize if you do!
4 comments:
It wasn't such an easy solution as running it as administrator or out of DOS was it?
I really badly want to play the old Load (Lode?) Runner game... I loved that one.
I also liked the original Lemmings game. :)
Nope, it wasn't admin mode or out of DOS. I tried both of those.
i still have lemmings... :)
the trick is to see if you can add diablo to vista... :)
Hey, here is a site that you can play Lode Runner for free on the web.
http://nintendo8.com/game/244/lode_runner/
Post a Comment