Sunday, March 6, 2011

Nucca

Afer my wife's surgery, I thought it was my turn to get my issues worked out. Previously, I had gone to family practice doctors, sports doctors, and chiropractors, but none could fix my issues. I've been wanting to go to the Nucca doctor, but had to wait until after my wife's issues were all worked out.

After the doctor took a few x-rays, he showed them to me and told me a few interesting things. He said that he could definitely see the whiplash in my neck from a car accident I was in 5 years ago, but he could also see trauma that occurred from birth! He asked me if anything unusual happened when I was born, and I told him that I had the cord wrapped around my neck. I also told him that I was in an car accident, but don't know to what extent. He told me to ask my mom and dad the details for that.

After the adjustments, the world started looking a little different. At first I thought that my equalibryum was off. I thought, "Wow, my head is finally screwed on right!!" I felt like I was walking taller and straighter.

So, we'll see how it goes. My neck definitely feels better. My lower back still has some issues, but it will take time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nucca, huh? Jeremy is a big believer in chiropractics. I'm still on the fence... :D I guess I have seen too much bad chiropractic work, or perhaps too many people who rely on it as an absolute cure. It seems to me that getting yourself straightened out, and then strengthening the surrounding muscles is the best combo.
I didn't know you had whiplash! That's scary... I'm glad that you had a good experience with your crackin' doc. :)

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i have used chiropractors in the past... the problem is that if you stop your back and neck end up in the same bad situation...

Most insurance don't allow ongoing treatments...

Chris said...

Yes, Becky, you are right. A regular chiro will do that. A Nucca doctor, on the other hand, is more long term.