Friday, March 18, 2011

Clumsy Oaf

Lately, I have turned into a clumsy oaf. I hope it's not a permanent thing. Maybe it's just Clumsy Oaf week for me. Here is a run down:

Last Saturday, I ran 5.5 miles which felt pretty good, but later that day, my right calf was hurting really bad, and I had to ice it for the next two days.

On Monday, we gave Katy a real bed, and as I was taking the crib downstairs to the basement, I slipped and fell down the stairs and got a huge gash in my left knee. The thing is, I have never fell down the stair before.

On Tuesday, as I was taking a shower, I bumped my left elbow against the soap tray as I was washing my hair. It has been tender ever since.

And then today, as I was getting into the shower, I bump my right knee against the metal stripping...

So, today is day number seven of clumsy oafness. Hopefully it is only a one week thing, because I don't know how much more of this clumsy oafness I can take! :)

4 comments:

Trillium said...

OUCH!

I think that most accidents occur because we are distracted and aren't paying attention to our surroundings and are in a hurry. Slow down at bit. See if that helps.

:)

Anonymous said...

You made both me and Jeremy cringe...eee...

Maybe your center of balance is off. If you've lost weight from all that running, maybe you are just regaining your balance. :D

Chris said...

That brings up a good point. I am walking a bit differently after the Nucca treatment. Maybe I havent gotten used to my new center of balance.

Zaphod said...

Welcome to the gene pool