Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toys R Us Monkey Head

Last week, we bought a couple of toys from Toys R Us. It was a super sweet deal. Buy two, get one free. Later, when we went home, we did some reviews of the product that we purchased (which is a really good idea, by the way), and found out what a hunk of junk it was. So, we returned it today. When I got to the Return Register, the clerk first was going to open each box to make sure that all the items were included (500 pieces per box, 1500 pieces total). I told him that the boxes weren't even opened, but if he really wanted to open them to check, be my guest. He said that he had to talk to someone to get a special code. When he came back, I could hear the other dude tell him, "Hey, if it isn't opened, don't worry about it. Just return it" Exactly. I don't know what it is with employees at places. They think that you are going to rip them off when you return something. But jeez, all three boxes were all factory sealed.

So anyway, he began scanning the items. When he got to the third item, it did not ring up (because it was free). He said that I couldn't return it, and that I would have to keep it. I asked him if the credit to my credit card was the same as on the receipt, and he said that it was. I thought, for a split second, cool! I can get something for free! But, my eternal salvation was at stake, and it really was a piece of crap. I told him, "No, I think that the reason why you can't scan it is because I got it for free." He said, "Are you sure? I mean, you can take it if you want it." I told him, "No, just go and throw it back on your shelves." He said, "Oooh oooh, aaah aaah ok" just like a monkey. I was like, what the heck? This dude really IS a monkey!

3 comments:

Trillium said...

Some new employees leave their brains in the locker room when they punch in. And their hearts. And their sense of humor. And their humanity. :)

Rebecca's Oasis said...

there are also many who are surpised when you let them know that they have given you too much change... :)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Wow...goes to show what getting an education can do for you!