Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Lost Art of Glaring

Have you noticed that glaring is becoming a by-gone? I mean, the only people that I see glare are members of my own family. I think Dara takes the cake when it comes to glaring. I remember the times when I vocally reminisced Joshua's brutal walker attack on my son Caleb, and how we had to rush him to the emergency room for extraction. And out came the glare gun (see my last post on Dara's blog). The glare gun fired two rounds. One in my head, and one in my heart. Down for the count! For me, I really am not upset about the walker attack. Actually, it makes for a good story. And, the more I tell it, the better it gets. Exaggerating sure is fun! I know Dara doesn't like it, so I've been careful not to bring it up lately. Gotta keep the peace, if you know what I mean. Emily has a pretty good glare gun too. I can't remember the last time I got shot by it, but it was just as fun! Yes, I know, I should avoid teasing, but in my defense, I think I tease because of how my siblings would hold me down and tickle me till I cried. So, it's just a little pay back!! LOL!! I mean, marble time really didn't hurt did it? Actually, I think marble time was more of a game like 52-card-pick-up. But, I really do like telling stories to rile people up. So, if you see me teasing, it really is only to get one more glipse of the glare gun. It truely is a lost art (like Chess players).

4 comments:

Chris said...

Actually, the more that I think about it, I don't think guys can glare. I've never seen Dad or Dave glare, and I have never glared. It must only be a girl thing.

Anonymous said...

*Glaring* Yeeess....BUT, I suppose it must all boil down to you loving me, otherwise you wouldn't do it!

By the way, being held down and tickled till you cry was something done to me, but for some reason, I have never felt the need to tease. Must be a guy thing.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

glaring... hmmmm...

my daughter is really good at it... :)

Trillium said...

Ouch!
:)