Saturday, August 30, 2008

First can of Coke

We had a family BBQ at Mom & Dad's house today, and I proceeded to tell my Dad that I remembered the very first time I had drank a Coke. It was during a family party, and Grandma (Dad's mom) had brought a bunch of Shasta Cola's, and they were chilling in the garage refrigerator. I snuck out to the garage, popped one open, and guzzled it down in 2 gulps! Man, it was so good. I didn't know it at the time, but it turned out to be a bad choice. Yes, it was bad that I stole one of my Grandma's sodas, but it was even worse because that's how it all started. If I had never drank that first Coke, I may not be drinking one today (I am literally drinking a can of Diet Coke Lime as I write this blog).

I remember when I worked as a bagger at Ralph's grocery store, across the street from our house. On my breaks, I would buy a box of twinkies (10 pack), and a 2-liter bottle of Pepsi. I would eat and drink the whole thing in under 10 minutes. And, of course, how could I forget the times that I kept 2-liter bottles of Pepsi in my locker at High School, and my buddy Joe Bunch would always grab them out of my locker and put them in his, telling me I didn't need them. But, I would always sneak up behind him in between periods, and grab it back and stuff it in my locker and slam it shut! I would actually drink the Pepsi warm. I didn't care back then. Tonight was no exception when I bummed a liter of Diet Pepsi from Andy, and it was warm from sitting in his car all day. I didn't really care too much. It was better than nothing. Although, I must say that the Black Cherry Shasta that my Dad gave me earlier today wasn't too bad either. I think that as long as it has sugar and carbonation, I will drink it. Gulp, gulp, gulp!

7 comments:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

I think you need profesional help! Have you considered therapy of some kind for your caffiene addiction?

Just kidding! I have the same problem with Mountain Dew - especially now that I have discovered new flavors like Baja; Super Nova; Revolution... yum yum yum :)

Chris said...

Yeah, I love those new flavors. Dewmocracy. Have you voted? Too hard to pick just one. I like them all.

Anonymous said...

You guys need help... :D

Zaphod said...

Hmmm... Black Cherry Shasta soda. I'm going to get one right now. Raelly ............... Ahhhhhhhhh! Yummy! Boy. that is bad company for that can of Kipper Snacks that I just ate!

Katscratchme said...

Kipper Snacks.. sick.

Ben wanted to pick up some soda at the grocery store this morning. I screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" (in my head), shook my head no and walked on.. Good for ME!

Chris said...

Dude, I love kippered snacks. I remember the first time I had them at a friends house, and then I went to the store and bought a few different flavors: Regular, Smoked, and Hot. Man, it was a hay day, and I was in hog heaven. Well, maybe not hog heaven. Fish heaven. Tehehee!!!

Chris said...

What is it about something you can't have? The forbidden juice. It's intersting, though, because almost every time I drink Pepsi, I get wisked away back to 1988 when I used to drink it warm, between periods of class at high school.