Monday, August 25, 2008

Bedtime adventures

Now that I am getting the hang of all of this blogging, and now that I am totally comfortable with you, it is time to start sharing our bedtime adventures!



Every night, as we get our kids ready for bed, we have bedtime adventures. A recent one that I started was that I would pretend to be a zombie with no neck. I would scrunch up my shoulders to my head, and I would say, "I have no neck! I have no neck!"1 Then, I would reach for Caleb or Jacob's neck and pretend to take it and put it on my own. The first time I did it, Jacob would get all worried and say, "Dad, don't take my neck!" and have a sad and serious look on his face and would look like the gerber baby below.







1 This story actually has some truth to it. In my younger years, people would comment that it looked like I didn't have a neck.

5 comments:

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i like your picture

Trillium said...

Jacob will probably grow up to be a tease just like his dad.

Your footnote: As a matter of fact, the doctor who delivered you, commented on how short your neck was. But, since all human necks have 7 vertebrae, how can that be?? Your niece Eva has a cute short neck too.

Katscratchme said...

That is too funny! We don't have bedtime adventures yet.. except for pinning Audrey down to change her diaper...

We DO however have bathtime adventures. Audrey HATES to have water poured over her head. She almost hates laying back in the water just as much.. so, as you can imagine, washing her hair is a real trick.
Ben came up with yelling "Wooooo!" every time he pours water over her head and for the past few weeks, she hasn't screamed while we wash her hair... So, if you can imagine our house filled with the sound of "Woooooooooo!" That's our current adventure.

Security word: wpfuflh
Sounds like Whipfuffle.. like some cute, fuzzy little dog. Sorry, that's all I have this morning..

Anonymous said...

Eva's neck is short since her cheeks are pulling her head down. LOL! I love how you tease your kids! I have fond memories of you doing all sorts of crazy stuff when I was a kid...sigh, those were the days!

Zaphod said...

The only bedtime adventures I remember is when you kids would get up on the couch with me and tuck yourselves behind my back or in the angle made by my knees. Oh, I do rememeber another adventure: being on the opposite end of the house and being able to hear you idiots bellowing at the top of your lungs that someone was bugging someone else. I cant remember what happened after that. It may have involved Gerber Picante Sauce.