The other day, I went up in my attic for the first time since I have lived here (nearly 4 years). I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but I was surprised to find how clean it was. It looked like no one had ever been up there. However, there was something that I did find in the attic that I did not expect. I was like, "What the heck is THIS doing in the Attic????"
I want YOU to figure out what it was. Here are some clues:
* Every house has one (or I think that every house has one).
* Our last house had one, but it wasn't in the attic.
* It is pretty much a permanent fixture.
If everyone gives a guess but no one guesses it, I will give more clues.
18 comments:
A FUSE BOX
A CABLE BOX
ELECTRICAL OUTLET
Nope. Not any of those.
A SKYLIGHT WINDOW
Nope
A BATHTUB
a fireplace
a chimney stack - you may have to provide more clues
OK, here is another clue:
Part of it is shaped like a boomerang.
a built in shelf
Nope. It uses electricity.
A...A...A...cogramin...no that's my security word...um...boomerang shaped? Sheesh...we need a little more I think
victor thinks it is an antenna
YEP! It is an antenna! You win the prize!
I've not ventured into the dark, musty attic of our house, either (other than above the garage). I've been told that we have an antenna up there, but I have no idea what it looks like (so I would never have guessed your question based on descriptions). The only antennae that I've seen are the kind on roofs. You don't see many of those any more. Our neighborhood in Albuquerque had a ban in place on external antennae. I think they were regarded as eyesores. Or maybe they acted like lightning rods during Albuquerque's many lightning strikes? So what are you going to do with this outdated, useless relic???
Sell it on eBay!!
Well, nothing. Just leave it there.
I wonder if it will still work with catching over the air HD, as long as I have a HD receiver, right?
Post a Comment