Thursday, December 11, 2008

Pie in the Face

Today, I was privileged to throw a pie in the face of my Bosses, Bosses, Bosses, Boss - literally. He had to fly in from out of state for this! My name was drawn out of a hat, since I had donated for United Way, and the reason why this was going to happen is because my Bosses, Bosses, Boss, had challenged him that our office would have more than 70% participation in United Way. And, we did it!

I was informed about this earlier this week, and, honestly, I was a little nervous. I joked with people that Thursday would be my last day at work. I also joked about how I would do it -- Smush the pie in an upwards motion, to makes sure the whip cream went in the nose, and then do a couple of quarter turns. As it turns out, I did do a couple of turns, but not the upward motion. Prior to the pie in the face, there was a little ceremony where I was "knighted" from the previous years Pie Thrower (my manager).

All in all, it was a fun little experience. A once in a lifetime experience. I doubt I will ever get to pie a Senior VP in the face ever again!

You can't see it, but I signed my name on the bottom of the Certificate.

You can't hear it, but I had to repeat this crazy montra in order to get "Knighted". Actually, it was pretty clever, and it was all on the spot. My manager is pretty creative.
And here we go...

5 comments:

Davola said...

DUDE!!! You're old. LOL

Trillium said...

I don't think I could have done it. Not even to someone who "deserved" it. ...ALTHOUGH ... come to think of it ... I once poured oatmeal on someone's head because he DESERVED it!!!! (And he knew he deserved it--that's why he let me do it.)

Davola: it happens to the best of us (getting old)!

Jen said...

Holy smokes!! I would've LOVED to have done that to Bob (my boss in St. George). The only thing I got to do was tinfoil his entire office. Actually . . . come to think of it . . . I did a bunch of other stuff, too. Just no pie. . . that would've been cool.

DebbieLou said...

That looked like a lot of fun. I would have had a hard time doing that too. He seemed like a good sport about it all, so that is nice.

Anonymous said...

That was AWESOME! LOL! I know a couple of people I would LOVE to do that too....eheheheh