Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Doc Martens

I bought a new pair of Doc Martens for my birthday, and wore them for the first time on Monday. Within 30 minutes, my ankles were sore, and blood was seeping through my sock. I could barely walk. I had to ask a co-worker to go get me some bandaids from the First Aid kit so I could get through the day.

Today was a little better. I bought some moleskin, and it worked well. The only problem was it would lose its stickiness and start to move. I remedied this by putting bandaids over it to keep it from moving.

The thing about Docs is that once they are broken in, they are the most comfortable shoes, and will last forever. The only problem is your feet will pay the price to get them broken in. I know that I just have to grin and bear it, and then I will have some smooth sailing.

Smooooooth sailing...

3 comments:

Trillium said...

That's horrible! OUCH! <:(

Anonymous said...

Almost doesn't seem worth it....

Katscratchme said...

It's not the shoe that gets broken in.. it's a big conspiracy.. it's actually the shoe that breaks your foot. :D