A little over a year ago, I was told by my doctor that I had high cholesterol, and prescribed Crestor. I immediately experienced side-effects, but thought that was part of the deal with trying to lower my cholesterol; however, my wife and I recently discovered that high cholesterol in and of itself does not result in heart disease. Usually, it is a combination of things, like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes, etc. High cholesterol alone does not; and, there have been studies of people that live to their 90's with high cholesterol. So, I decided to stop taking it, and I was amazed at how much better I felt. One of the side-effects that I experienced is that I felt like a zombie most of the time, so now I am now zombie free! Also, I noticed that I had aches and pains down my arms and legs. That too is now gone. Plus all the other side-effects removed, I feel like a new man. It just goes to show that doctors don't always know best. In fact, my wife is going to a Nucca doctor and overheard him saying to another patient that even he agrees that high cholesterol does not result in heart disease.
I also started running again, and most of the previous issues I had are gone too. I ran 3 miles a week ago on Saturday, and then 4 miles on Tuesday, and 3 miles on Thursday, with relatively no issues. Unfortunately, I started having some pain on Friday in my left peroneus brevis, but that was because I attempted some crazy hills on Tuesday and Thursday, and hill running can cause pain in those muscles. So, I will rest for a few days before I start running again, and when I do, stick to the flat roads for awhile.
5 comments:
I'm glad that you are feeling more yourself. I don't like the idea of being on any medications. Most of the time, it seems the cons outweigh any pros. Mom is really good about finding herbal remedies, and I have sort of picked up the same tendencies. I would rather put something natural into my body than not.
I actually believe that most common problems can be resolved with a healthy diet (see Word of Wisdom) and exercise.
I'm glad you stopped! Statin drugs are definitely worse than the "disease" they are supposed to fix. Your body makes cholesterol because you need it. Without cholesterol, your body ends up with no CoQ-10, and eventually, you would end up with congestive heart failure, and would die!!! Find an alternative-medicine doctor.
both Mom and Dara are right! The prescriptions cause more problems. Herbal remedies are better and there are doctors out there who support those solutions.
The exercise you're doing now should be helping with your cholesterol anyway. . .
Word verification: dingsh
Your doctor is a dingsh. . .
Post a Comment