I drove down to Bountiful wearing my body armor, and boy, does that get hot. It was long sleeve with a turtle neck, and long legs, like thermals. I wore it under my clothes to work, so I wouldn't have to change. Next time, I will not do that. Unless it is winter time.
When I made it to the office, they put stickers all over my body, and they situated the camcorders in the front, back, and side views. I did the running analysis where I ran for 5 minutes barefoot at a speed 6 (10 minute mile). I noticed instantly that my right ankle had some pain. I think I compensated in a way to alleviate the pain, and the pain subsided. Then, when I ran for 5 minutes with my shoes, I felt no pain. Interesting. After the test was over, they said that they would have the results next week, but they did notice that my hip muscles are a little weak, based on the way it moves when I land. They said that most people have this problem. I actually already knew I had weak hip muscles, so it was good to hear something I already knew.
So, I will be going back to the office next Wednesday, where they will have all the results and details to tell me what is going on and what I need to do so that I can run. They said that usually once we strengthen the muscles, everything else will fall into place. Good to hear.
One thing that I have noticed with this week off with inactivity that I am craving sodas, twinkies, chips, zingers, hohos, candy, and any other kind of junk food. For some reason, when you exercise, the endorphins block those cravings, and when you are sedentary, you crave the crap food. I've been good, though, and did not succumb to those cravings, but it has been HARD.
I plan on doing some cross-training with bicycling. Tammy has a really nice bike, but the gears were messed up and unrideable. I took it to a bike store for a tune-up yesterday, and will pick it up sometime today. The nice thing about biking is that it is zero impact, which will be good for my body.
And, with any luck, I will start doing some running on Monday.
2 comments:
I'm glad that you didn't just throw in the towel when you got hurt, but that you were determined to find a solution. That kind of determination makes all the difference.
Good! I love biking. I prefer it to most other exercise, but rarely get the chance.
I think you will really enjoy the shake up. It will keep your body guessing, and keep your mind from being bored.
Post a Comment