Friday, February 12, 2010

Tower of Babel

We all know that Cain was cursed with a skin of blackness, and undoubtedly had off-spring, all of which died during the great flood, except for Shem's wife, and Cain himself, who was swimming the ocean the whole time. So, after the waters subsided, Noah and his family started to repopulate the earth, with a combination of white and black people.

Now, let's fast forward to the Tower of Babel. At this time, the Lord confounded the language of everyone so that they no longer understood each other, and my question to you is if he also changed the way they looked. So, if God changed someone's language to be Chinese, I would presume that they looked Chinese also. Is this the case? I am just trying to determine why there are so many different races, and it would appear that the Tower of Babel is the most logical reason.

What say ye?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. I never thought of it that way before. I think what you have with the different races is a couple of things: Each of Noah's sons looked different, yes? Well, I would assume after thousands of years of the same people populating the same area, after a while, they would just keep rehashing the same DNA (and you have to take into consideration different regions, and the amazing ability for the human body to adapt and change to accomodate). So, let's say Ham had slanty eyes. Would they only get slantier and slantier after years and years of people mixing dominant slanty genes? It's like the British with their teeth. Once there was a dude with a tooth that was semi-crooked, but after thousands of years, you end up with an orthodontist's dream. Sorta scary to think about the future. They might have teeth growing backwards at some point. :D

P.S. I bet Cain got some ripped muscles after all that treading.

Rebecca's Oasis said...

i think you are on the right track. I have thought about the same thing and I had decided that all the races and languages are a result of the Tower of Babel.